Thursday, February 10, 2011

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces

I've decided to go back to Oslo next Thursday, which means that I have another 7 days to enjoy my lovely NYC before returning to Snowland, where dear friends and family await. Alas, the yoga sequences and the tips about the city that I wanted to post soon, will be postponed a bit longer since I'll be busy packing and preparing for my departure. I will of course continue to write from Norway as I really enjoy writing my blog; this outlet where I get to write about my passion for yoga.

And when April comes I'll be back in NYC again, just in time to see the leaves in Central Park turn into shades of light green. Although NY is freezing cold these days, I have a feeling that spring is in the air already. People's faces are more open and smiley as they pass me by on the streets, the days are longer and the sun is shining.

If you feel that you need some more light and sunshine in the last remains of your winter days, try some heart opening and uplifting backbending sequences in your home practice. We did a lot of them in Carrie's class tonight and I left class feeling happy and light as a feather.
Dwi Pada Viprarita Dandasana; a young Mr Iyengar in Light on Yoga and us in class tonight. 

The cold weather and heavy clothing can make your body compress, almost as if you're shrinking, so it truly feels great to expand your limbs and open the chest. 

Enjoy the remains of your week, may it be filled with light and glimpses of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment