Thursday, January 27, 2011

NYC snow and a Sutra

As snow again covered the lovely streets of NYC, I found out that the best way to meet the winter day was to put on a soft pallet of spring colors, to help shed some brightness into the day. Instead of cursing the snow and longing for warmer weather I'm now pimping up the season by adding pastels:)

So from this shallow glimpse of my winter day in the city, I'd like to share a little food for thoughts; one of the Yoga Sutras that can relate to this;

Sutra 2.33: VITARKA BADHANE PRATIPAKSA BHAVANAM.
When disturbed by negative thoughts, opposite [positive] ones should be thought of. This is pratipaksha bhavana.


My friend and I won't be able to take the pictures until next week unfortunately, so the sequences will be posted late next week instead. In the meanwhile, find ways to pimp up your own winter days<3
Happy weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment