Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Lovely (gluten and sugar free) Fall Muffins

Ah, just got back from a lovely cabintrip in the forest with sweet girlfriends. I baked some muffins that were such a success, so I figured I should share the recepie with you here.

I normally bake without recepies, failing and trying until I get the results that I want, but this time I used a basic muffin recepie that I found, and turned it into my very own delicious gluten-and sugar free apple-apricot-rasberry muffins. Unfortunately I haven't bought a camera yet so there's no pictures to show what they looked like, but imagine them in the fall colours of red, yellow and orange. With slight sprinkles of coconut and cinnamon on top. Yum!

This recepies makes about 23-30 small muffins. Remeber not to stir the dough too much if you like your muffins on the fluffier side.

Here we go;

250 gr of melted butter
about 8 dl of flour; I mixed Buckwheat, Coconut and Hazelnut flour
4 tsp baking soda
3 tsp of Fiberhusk (psyllium seeds)
2 tsp linseeds (linfrø) (soaked in water over night, or crushed in a morter)
about 1/2 a cup of Sukrin (or Stevia) and 3 tsp of Yacon Syrup
about 4 dl of unsweetened soy milk and greek youghurt ( mixed together)
2 lightly beaten organic eggs (room temperature)
2 organic apples, sliced in pieces
about 10 dried apricotes, pre soaked, and cut into small pieces
1/2 a cup of frozen rasberries
vanilla seeds and 2 tsp of cinnamon mixed in the dough, plus some extra cinnamon and coconut sprinkled on top of the muffins.

Preheat the oven; 200 C, 15-20 mins, medium shelf. I used small muffin cups and filled them 2/3 full.

I started by soaking the apricots in hot water for about 20 mins. Then I melted the butter.
I mixed all the dry stuff together first, before I lightly stirred in the melted butter, the beaten eggs (done in a seperate bowl) and the soy milk and youghurt.

Then I carefully added the sliced apricots, apples and rasberries (frozen).

I let the dough sit for about 20 minutes before I put the muffins in the oven, for the dough to become fluffy and lighter.

These muffins tasted SO good, they were coved in the fall colours of red, yellow and orange, and dear reader; they're quite healthy;

High in fibre from the seeds, probiotic from the yoghurt, antioxidants from the berries, gluten and sugar free (except from the natural sugars from the fruit and berries). Both apples and dried apricots have low GI, so these muffins are great for diabetics, ladies with hormonal imbalences and others who are interested in keeping their blood sugar levels stable.

Enjoy these fall muffins hot out of the oven, with a lovely chai, a blanket and preferably a fire place next to you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment