Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yoga heals

How long it has been. I've felt a desire to blog for a while, but much has happened the last few months so I haven't had the inspiration nor the energy. Until now.

Life happened, as it tends to do; I lost my beautiful father on a rainy day this August. I was so very fortunate to be with him, next to his bed the night before he passed away, and I was sitting by his side as he took his final breath. One of the strongest, sadest and yet most beautiful moments of my life. I experienced a great peace in the moment of his transition from this life into something, somewhere new.

The days and weeks following his death have been filled with sorrow and yet much beauty. And in the midst of it all I've had my yoga practice. Of wich I am so very grateful. I find much shelter, peace, therapy through this practice. When things seem unbearable I breathe, move my body, find the soft spot, a gentleness; and then the pain becomes less intense, and sometimes it transforms into something else all together, something good.

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not to be endured
and endure what cannot be cured."
BKS Iyengar

For my teaching schedule this week, check out my webpage http://www.siljebjornholt.com/


I am looking forward to sharing all the different layers of this beautiful practice with you, this time from a different continent:)

Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment